Welcome to the page of the Musical Ambassador of the Houston Symphony.
This week’s Poll:
From the Houston Symphony website:
Carlos Andrés Botero is Musical Ambassador/Assistant Conductor for the Houston Symphony. He first came to the Symphony in the 2014-15 season to serve as co-host of the“Musically Speaking with Andrés” series in its inaugural year. In this role, Carlos works closely with Music Director Andrés Orozco-Estrada in the preparation of repertoire and commentary delivered from the stage in this informative and engaging concert experience. Also, he serves as cover conductor for all classical subscription programs, and he leads the Symphony’s “Prelude” pre-concert talks before each classical performance.
My efforts to become one more of the bridges that connect this wonderful orchestra with its audience keep me busy writing a weekly Blog around the pieces we are playing each weekend. You can read the latest entries here:
- Prokofiev, What would be your soundtrack for a well-known story?
- Wagner’s Siegfried Idyll, or when tone poems are a delicacy
- Dvorak’s String Serenade: 5 bursting emotions fostering joy
- Great Apps to immerse yourself in Music
- Ives’ 2nd: American melody in an accomplished European vessel
- Houston Symphony Blog – Interview
- Dvorak’s 6 – The Dawn of a Master Composer
- Mahler: The world of a Symphony
- Musically Speaking: A Conversation with Carlos Andrés Botero
You can go back to the Projects page and browse some more of these activities.